Diabetes is one of the prevalent diseases, and it can affect anyone. There are different types of diabetes, type 1, type 2, and type 3. Each of these has unique causes, symptoms, and cure. Our focus in this article is on how to reverse type 2 diabetes naturally. There are natural ways that can be applied in a bid to curb type 2 diabetes. Remember that long before modern medicine came into existence, your ancestors relied on nature fully for the management of their illnesses, and the fact that you are here today means nature did not fail them. While we are not certain if diabetes was an illness in their days we know for a certainty that it is present today and there are natural ways of reversing it.
The term reversing diabetes refers to improved insulin sensitivity to insulin in individuals with type 2 diabetes. This improvement should be long term. Type 2 diabetic patients who can lower their HbA1c by six percent, that is, 42 mmol/mol without using any medications are described as having resolved or reversed their diabetes. This can also be referred to as diabetes going into remission. One factor that can be of much benefit to this cause is losing bodyweight. With dedication and time, type 2 diabetes may be reversed. The result is always very rewarding and relieving with less fatigue and general good health.
Type 2 Diabetes Progression
There are a few factors that can result in type 2 diabetes but the most common is obesity which usually follows a pattern
- High-calorie diet, especially if they’re a large number of refined carbohydrates
- The level of insulin in the blood increases to deal act on the high carb intake
- Belly fat is gained (truncal obesity or central)
- If the insulin level is high consistently then it will cause the cells in the body to become insulin resistant and this commonly results in weight gain.
- An elevated level of insulin also causes an increase in weight.
- Resistance to insulin will lead to an elevated level of blood sugars, especially after meals.
- Increased production of insulin by the pancreas to cope with the increasing level of blood sugar.
- This elevated sugar level would lead to lethargy feelings and the elevated insulin will cause the person to get hungry easily.
- This hunger would make one eat too much and cause lethargy with little or no physical activity carried out.
- Overeating, a high level of insulin, and less activity all contribute to further insulin resistance and more weight gain
- The beta cells of the pancreas will get damaged due to the increased demand for insulin production
- Damage of the beta cells will leave make it difficult for the body to make enough insulin. Thus there will be more increase in the level of blood sugar, and this causes the symptoms of diabetes to spring forth.
- Diabetes symptoms include frequent urination and thirst
How To Reverse Type 2 Diabetes
The strain placed on the beta cells of the pancreas which are the ones responsible for insulin production needs to be taken away to successfully reverse diabetes.
Here are some effective ways:
1. Eat a low-carbohydrate meal
A low carb diet is popular for its reducing effect on insulin production. They lower the quantity of insulin needed to be produced thus resulting in decreased insulin resistance. In 2014 a study on the result of a story was released. It showed that the low carb Mediterranean diet could cause a significant type 2 diabetes remission rate.
After twelve months of been on this diet, fifteen percent of the participants went into remission and after another six years, five percent more entered remission. What a great achievement!
A low-fat diet study was done in comparison, and the results were less effective. Only four percent of the participants went into remission after twelve months and zero percent after another six years.
2. Eat low calorie
Following a low-calorie diet has been a proven natural way of reversing type 2 diabetes. This diet leads to weight loss, lower insulin resistance, and permits those on type 2 diabetes medication to come off it. According to the result of a study conducted in 2011, an eight week eight hundred calorie intake per day lead to diabetes remission in seven participants out of eleven. Their diet included 200 calories obtained from vegetables (nonstarchy) and six hundred calories from shakes.
MRI scans revealed that the diabetes was reversed in connection with a significant decrease of stored fat in the pancreas and liver.
Following a committed exercise routine has successfully brought people into remission. Exercise increases the body’s sensitivity to insulin. For optimal results, it should be done alongside a healthy balanced diet. Exercise can lower the need for insulin and thus is efficient in reversing diabetes.
A 2015 study showed that sixty-seven participants in this natural method of exercising achieved partial diabetes remission after six months of exercise and diet program. don’t forget that your diet plays a role here, so if you decide to exercise without monitoring your food intake then it might just be a futile effort. Balance is needed!
Knowing how to reverse type 2 diabetes through natural means has helped a lot of people and more success stories are being recorded. If you are already on a medication and desire to drop it to begin these natural methods you should inform your doctor and hear what he or she has to say.