There are so many diets out there and low carb diets happen to be quite popular. There are different types of low-carb diets. There is the low-carb high-fat diet which is the keto diet and then there is the low-carb high-protein diet. for today our focus would be on a low-carb high-protein diet. Take note that we will not be having a full discussion about this diet. We will just take a look at some low-carb high-protein snacks you can make at home. This way you would have different snacks to try out even when on a low-carb diet.
The truth is that many of the snacks out there are really high in carbs. That’s why many people on diets can’t opt for snacks. Given the fact that it would ruin the diet. So we will take a look at some of the things you can try out while in the comfort of your home. This would be good to try out on a weekend at home with your family. Well, enough with the talking let’s take a look at the 15 best low-carb high-protein snacks that you can make in the comfort of your home.
It has been found out over the years that we have been blaming the wrong guys when it comes to weight gain and certain conditions in the body. Years back people would blame fat for being the bad guy but now we know that carbs are the bad guys. So because of this so many people have opted for diets that are low in carbs and high in other nutrients. High protein consumption has been found to be very effective for the body as a whole. And it has been found out that consuming a high protein diet can be effective for weight loss.
15 Best Low-Carb High-Protein Snacks You Can Make at Home
- Boiled eggs: We all know that eggs are very healthy and eggs are known to contain about all the nutrients that your body needs. It is highly rich in protein and has no carbs that’s why it perfectly fits this category. And making boiled eggs is extremely easy. All you have to do is get your eggs and boil them. Once you eat the boiled eggs you can be sure that your body now has a lot of protein in it.
- Cheese slices: Cheese happens to be another great source of protein. And it’s already made. The good thing about cheese is that it helps fill you up and is quite healthy. This is known to be one of the richest sources of protein for snacks. The good thing is that this can go to many other foods.
- Roasted chickpeas: Chickpeas are legumes that have a good nutrient profile. They are good sources of protein and also fiber. With just half a serving you would get about 7.5g of protein. It is also known to be quite rich in vitamins and minerals. All this coming together gives you a snack you wouldn’t be able to resist. To make it taste a lot better roast the chickpeas. This would make it crunchy and then make it portable. When roasting you can opt for some seasonings with olive oil.
- Apple with peanut butter: This is a great combination. The combination of these two makes a snack that is nutrient-packed. And is known to have a lot of health benefits. Apples contain antioxidants and fiber. At the same time, it is great for improving heart health and gut health. You have to be careful though with the consumption of peanut butter as it is high in calories. So when taking it with an apple make sure you take it in moderation.
- Chia pudding: Many people have been opting for this snack for so many years. It is quite delicious and nutritious. At the same time, it’s high in protein. In an ounce of chia seed, you would get about 4g of protein. And then there are other nutrients. For chia pudding, all you have to do is soak the seed for some hours. When the consistency appears to be like pudding then you can add flavorings that you like.
- Homemade granola: This snack is made with nuts, rolled oats, and sweetener (could be any sweetener of your choice). The protein content of this snack is quite high. There are different recipes online that can help you with how to make good homemade granola. And you can even try coming up with your own recipe.
- Protein shakes: Making protein shakes is quite easy. All you have to do is get all the ingredients needed ready. Make sure that you have your protein powder ready. Many people opt for whey protein but you can opt for which one you prefer the most. Also, make sure that the fruits are not so high in carbs. Avoid fruits like banana and mango that are very high in carbs.
- Avocado with chicken salad: The chicken salad is the protein source. This is rich in protein and then healthy fats. While avocados are also a great source of vitamins and minerals.
- Egg muffins: They are healthy and contain a lot of protein. All you have to do is mix a lot of veggies and eggs together. Then you can mix a lot of seasoning with this. Once you have your mixture ready then all you have to do is bake the muffins. This snack is quite convenient. It could be eaten cold or hot. Just check for some really nice egg muffins recipe online. This would help out a lot.
- Cheesy popcorn: So many people love popcorn but popcorn on its own is just made up of some vitamins and fiber. It can be quite filling as a snack but that’s not what we’re after. So if you want your popcorn to be high in protein then all you have to do is add Parmesan cheese to your popcorn.
- Bacon deviled eggs: This is not a snack that is just for parties or the holidays. They could be eaten on just any regular day in the afternoon. You can try it out by adding cheddar and bacon to your recipe. This helps make it even more delicious and then increases the protein content.
- Mini spinach frittatas: This is yet another snack that you can enjoy early in the morning. You can make a lot of this snack and then stock it up. So that whenever you want to eat it you can bring it out and go for it. There are different recipes on how to make this snack. You can check them out and make this delicious snack. With this snack, you would be able to get 10g of protein.
- Cottage cheese raspberries: If what you are craving is something very sweet then this snack right here is for you. From the name, you can tell that you need cottage cheese and then raspberries. So with this sweet snack, you would get about 14g of protein which is a lot if you think about it.
- Sriracha salmon with cheese and celery: This snack contains 16g of protein. This is something that you can enjoy any time of the day. A combination of all these ingredients just gives that experience that you’ve always wanted. Check out the recipes and give them a try.
- Eggs and pepitas: For this snack, you would need boiled eggs with pepitas and then salt. All you have to do is dip the egg in the pepitas and salt. And this gives you a very nice and flavorful taste. In this snack, you will get about 14g of protein.
So the list above gives you 15 low-carb high-protein snacks. Opting for any of them would be just alright as they are high in protein. Well, your choice would be based on what you like. So enjoy your favorite snack while watching the T.V or while reading a book.