As a man, you have probably engaged in many menial and load-lifting task that left you In back pain afterward, particularly in the lower region. These back pains are a sign to show that you may have been ignoring your back in your exercise routine. There are lower back exercises for men that helps to strengthen, alleviate, and avoid back pain. These exercises can also help the core, arm, and leg muscles to become stronger. Based on research, exercise helps to improve the flow of blood to the direction of the lower back. It may hasten up the process of healing and also reduce stiffness.
Exercises have a special way of working on core muscles to improve flexibility, promote stability, and prevent injury. Men who experience lower back pain should monitor their posture. They should also avoid weight lifting for the time being To be certain of the cause.
Best Ten Lower Back Exercise For Men
Here are ten of the best exercise that can be done to benefit your lower back. If you have been dealing with back pain, this can also be of help to you.
This form of exercise works on the gluteus maximus, the large buttock muscle. This muscle is engaged when you move your hips or stay in a squatting position. By keeping this important muscle strong you are supporting your lower back.
How to do this:
- Bend your knees while laying on a flat surface, let your feet be flat and hips wide apart.
- Press your feet to the floor and keep your arms on each side.
- Lift your buttocks away from the floor until a straight shoulder to knee line is formed with your body.
- Squeeze your buttocks while your shoulders are still on the floor.
- Drop your buttocks back to the floor and cool for a few seconds.
- Repeat the procedures fifteen times and rest for a minute.
- Carry out three sets of fifteen repetitions.
2. Stretch from knee to chest
This manner of stretch exercise helps to elongate your lower back. It also relieves pain and tension
- Lay flat on a flat surface or ground
- Bend your knees while keeping your feet flattened
- Using both of your hands, lift one knee towards your chest
- Hold your knee in that position for five seconds and keep your abdominal tight. Let your spine be pressed on the flat surface.
- Repeat every step with the other leg
- Do this two to three times a day
3. Rotational stretches
This rotational stretch is a good lower back exercise for men as it helps to relieve lower trunk and back tension. It works gently on the main muscles to enhance its stability.
- While laying on a flat surface bend both knees and let your feet lie on the ground.
- Let your shoulders be firmly placed on the surface then roll each bent knee gently aside.
- Stay in this position for five to ten seconds.
- Go back to the beginning
- Roll your two knees now to the other side
- Repeat this two to three times daily
4. Draw in
This maneuver technique benefits the muscle, transversus abdominis. This muscle is located on the side and front part of the stomach. It stabilizes the lower back and spine region
- Lie on a flat surface with your knees bent. Keep your feet flat and arms on both sides.
- Take in a deep breath
- While exhaling pulls your belly button towards your spine and tightens your abdominal muscles while your hips remain still.
- Stay in the same position for five seconds
- Go over this five times
5. Pelvic tilts
This exercise helps to relieve tight muscles at the back and sustains its flexibility.
- Keep your knees bent while laying on the flat surface and let your feet be flat with both arms on each side.
- Arch your lower back gently and shoot your stomach outwards.
- Hold it for five seconds and then relax.
- Repeat this daily, increasingly till you can do thirty rounds.
6. Leg lifts
Lifting of the legs laterally works on the muscle known as the hip abductor muscles. It is a muscle that reduces back strain and the ports the pelvis. It is essential to keep these particular muscles strong assisting a person in maintaining his balance and also affects mobility.
- Keep your legs together while laying down.
- Let the lower legs be bent slightly
- Pull in your bellybutton into your spine to support your core muscles
- Raise your legs for about eighteen inches and keep it extended and straight
- Stay like this for two seconds
- Go over this process ten times. Use the opposite body side when repeating it
- Do it thrice
7. Cat stretches
This particular exercise will help strengthen your back and keep it strong while easing muscle tension.
- Go on your knees and hands with knees spread apart.
- Arch your back and pull the belly buttony button to the spine.
- Relax your muscles slowly and sag your abdomen towards the ground.
This exercise helps to enhance the support of back extensor making them strong,
- Lie with your face on the flat surface and stretch out your arms to the front of your body with legs stretched and flat.
- Raise your feet and hands crisis-inch six-inch gap between the floor and them.
- Try pulling in your belly button and lift it to engage your core muscles
- Heads should be kept straight and eyes on the floor to prevent neck injury.
- Stretch out both feet and hand out as far as they can go
- Remain the position for two seconds, then restart
9. Seated rotations
This rotation done while sitting relieves pain and works on your core muscle at the same time strengthens the lower back.
- Sit on an armless chair and keep your feet down
- Twist to your right, spine tall and hips square
- Use your hand to support the stretch and remain there for thirty seconds.
10. Partial curls
This is one of the lower back exercises that can help align the hips right and for spine support.
- Bend both knees while on a flat surface, hips apart and feet flat
- Cross both hands over your chest
- Take a deep breath
- Breath out at the same time pulling the stomach in
- Raise your head and shoulders gently while aligning your neck and spine
- Remain still for five seconds and restart.
These lower back exercises for men has proven to be effective over time, both in building the lower back or in relieving back pain. If the back pain continues after this then you should book an appointment with a doctor.